Web quest provides a project for teachers to choose to enrich their lesson, it is easy to find many different web quest online, and the levels of those web quest are different, thus teacher can choose proper project and use them in their lessons.
Quest garden is a website that people can use it to make their own web quest. It is easy to make a web quest in quest garden. Since this website provides details about how to make a web quest and provides some samples for beginners to refer.
How to use:
1. Teachers can use this to find suitable project for their students. Teachers can use this project to enrich their lesson. If teachers find a similar topic web quest with their lesson, they can use this web quest in class, it will be fun and attractive for students, maybe they just use one task or one part of this web quest, but in this way, teachers can motivate students to learn English.
2. Teachers can use this to practice students’ four skills and co-work skill, since web quest provides many tasks for students to do and some tasks are designed to work in pairs or work in groups.
3. Teachers can use this to encourage shy student to speak English in class, since some tasks are group tasks, thus students can play a small drama and if students focus on playing games, they will forget to be afraid. Therefore, this can motivate some shy students to speak English or show themselves in public.
1. Web quest can motivate students to learn English. Since students need to do tasks or a project, in this process, they will learn English and find interesting of learning English.
2. Web quest can promote students to work together; students will learn how to interact with different people or how to get along with their peers.
1. Web quest is not suitable for non-native speakers. Since if we design simple project, it cannot achieve the goal. But if the project is designed difficult, students will lose their patient to do this project.
2. If teacher want to use a web quest, he/she must do many work to adapt it and add to omit some part or find the suitable way to introduce this web quest to his/her students.
3. Students will be lazy if they can find the answers on the Internet. Since web quest is online project. Therefore, some students will be lazy and find answers online rather than think by themselves.