Friday, 9 March 2012
Monday, 5 March 2012
6. Teachers can ask students to design their own tasks. Taking their tasks to school and let other students do these tasks. Teachers can check students’ understanding of what they have learnt. Also students can communicate with each other and get some feedbacks from their peers and teachers.
Teacher can use this software to make some homework for students. It is more interesting to do these tasks than to copy the new vocabulary many times. After students doing these tasks, they will remember the meaning or the use of new vocabulary, since these tasks are like games for students.
Thursday, 9 February 2012
Wallwisher is free and similar to Todaysmeet, but in my opinion, I think that wallwisher is more fun than Todaysmeet and wallwisher can motivate students since this website provide many different backgrounds for people and student not only can add their comments on the 'wall', but also can add website, video and pictures to this 'wall'. Students do not need to log in or register. People can see all walls and add their comments to that wall. If people want to make a wall, they need to find a topic for this wall and add some dscription of this wall, if they do not want to show every comments, they can choose the approve. Since this website do not need to log in, thus if people do not log in, this website will not show their name, but they can change it.
How to use:
1. Teacher can put the question as the topic of the wall, and ask students to this wall and add their answer to this wall. But teacher should choose the approve, since if lazy students can see other students' answers, they will copy it.
2. If teacher want to get some feedback of a exam or a lesson, he/she can use this website. And students can choose whether leave their name or not. It is good for shy students who do not like express their opinions in public.
3. Teacher can use this website to give students a way to practise grammar. For example, teacher can put a sentence as a topic of a wall, and let students change the tense, structure, verb form of this sentence. Students just need to post their answers to this wall is ok. They also can choose whether leave their name or not. In this way, teacher can find some mistakes, and explain these mistakes in class.
4. Teahcer can use this website as online room to teach language. For example, teacher can put the language piont as the topic of a wall, and add some videos, pictures or website that related to this language point. Students can use this wall and learn this language point at home or review after class.
1. this website is more colorful than Todaysmeet, thus this website can motivate students to answer a question.
2. This website can add comments, videos, pictures and website, thus teacher can use this website to attract students to finish their homework.
3. This website can give a way for shy students to express their comments or opinions.
1. This website cannot use for a large size class, since if this website is used for a large size class, it will be mass if all students express their opinions. And teacher will not have enough time to read every comments since some comments will be covered by other comments.
2. If students do not log in, it will not show their name.
Dvolver is a website that people can make their own small movies, or cartoon. This website is easy to use. It provide the different backgrounds, different situations, different ways that people meet and different characterises of people. Students can choose their favourite one and make small movies. At the same time, they need to design the dialogues for the people when they meet each other in the small movies. In this way, students can find a way to practise their writing skill and communication skill.
How to use:
1. Teacher can give a topic for students and let students make small movies around this topic. Students can do this after class and send their movies to teacher or post their movies on their blogs, facebooks, or other place.
2. If students learn a new grammar in the class, teacher can let students use this new grammar to make a small dialogue by using this website. It is fun to do homework or to do some grammar exercises.
3. Students can work in pairs to finish a small movie. Since this website only can play music, but not play the dialogue. Therefore, after students finish their small movies, they can take this small movie to the class, and add their own voice when play this movie.
1. This website can motivate students. It is easy to use and fun to make their own movies.
2. This website can provide a way for students to work in pairs and exercise their grammer or sentence structure.
1. This website only can play the music, it cannot read the dialogues.
2. Students cannot use their own pictures as background or situation. Students only can use the pictures that this website provided.
3. This website only provides 4 situations that people meet each other.
Wednesday, 8 February 2012
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
How to use:
1. teacher can let students do their own presentations about a place or a people. Students can search pictures and photos in this website and then use these pictures and photos to finish their presentations. Also they can add some words to these pictures and photos. After they finish their presentations, they can send their presentations to teachers or put the presentations to their blogs.
2. teachers can use this website to do presentations to explain a task about a place or a people. Presentations will more vivid than books and can attract students' attention.
1. this website can motivate students.
2. giving teacher a new way to make presentation except PPT , and more vivid and easier.
1. lazy students will ask other people to help them to finish this task.
2. if teacher use many pictures in his/her presentation, students' attention will focus on the picture rather than the content.
Friday, 27 January 2012
Monday, 23 January 2012
My brain shark (http://my.brainshark.com/Home.aspx) is a website that students can upload their own documents (e.g. ppt, word, photo, video and so on) and add voice to these documents. Students can make their own presentation or small video at home. This website provide teacher a way to practise students' speaking skill.
How to use:
1. teachers can give students homework (e.g. making a presentation about themselves), and then use this website to add their voice to their presentations. And then send this presentation with voice to their teacher. In this way, students will have chance to practise their oral English.
2. teachers can use this website to correct students' homework. Teachers can use red pen to mark where students' mistake in word, and then add teachers' voice to explain why that is mistake and how to correct it.And then send this word with teacher's voice to students
1. students can practise their oral English and it is easy for students to use. And it is fun to attract students' attention.
2. this website can motivate students to do homework. Using this website to do homework will be fun and easy.
although this website is good, I also find some limitations as listed below:
1. the lazy students will ask other people to help them. For example, lazy students will ask other people to write the draft for them and they just read the draft. Although they also practise their oral English, they do not use their brain to think about this task.
2.the time of record is short. Students or teachers can not record a long voice to a document.
Monday, 16 January 2012
From picture 1, we can see that teacher can creat their owen room online and decide keep this room for how long time.
5. Students can practise their writing skill by using this online room, since they need to consider grammar, spelling of vocabulary, completence of sentence and so on when they type their opinions or answers in English in this online room.
How to use (in class):
1. Teacher can leave some homework for students and collect the answer in this online room and ask every student join this room by using their true name.
2. Teacher can collect students' opinions about the hard extendof one text or a exam and which part or which question should be explained carefully.
3. Teacher can use this online room to collect students' opinion about teaching strategies.